(originally posted on my Tublr blog July 2011)
Well I thought it was about time that I actually wrote something to do with burlesque on here rather than the inane whitterings that come so easily to me…. One of the wonderful things I bought with some money…
As I’ve been winding down into my last few months of performing people have been asking me what I plan to do with my time. I thought I’d write this blog so if you fancy you can follow my further adventures.
Photo: Copyright: Neil Kendall & Ivy Wilde, NOT TO BE COPIED OR USED WITHOUT PERMISSION
- The first thing I plan on doing is having a nice relaxing Christmas with my husband. This year will be the first year since we get together 11 years ago that we’ll both have two full weeks off work together to spend in a Christmas flurry. This will mainly include drinking the fruit gin we’ve made, eating cake and running about when we feel guilty about how much we’re eating, interspersed with Christmas telly and films.
- I’ll be a red head no more. I’ve decided I’ll be back to brown in the new year, mainly because I want to go royal blue at some point and it’s going to be a ball ache to do it from red. So for the first time in 6 years I’ll be back to my natural colour. I think I’m going to like it.
- I‘ll be sewing more. If you didn’t know, I have a blog at www.staceystitchandknit.wordpress.com which is proving to be very popular (thanks to those following and commenting already!). I’m mainly sewing the 60s and I love it. I do plan on making this into a business at some point but haven’t got my head around the technicalities of it yet, but please follow me and keep an eye on what I have in store. You may well be the wearer of an Ivy Wilde original in the future!
- I’ll still be running the North West Burlesque Society (www.northwestburlesquesociety.com) and doing all things associated with that. In fact I’ve just about finalised our line up of workshops teachers and guest speakers next year, go check out the Upcoming Meetings section of the website for more info.
- I’ll be going camping A LOT. We didn’t get the tent out once this year and boy oh boy have I missed being woken up by bleeting sheep in the morning! I am very much looking forward to spending my weekends in a field somewhere in the UK looking at the gorgeous countryside, taking photos and tapping away on my laptop.
- I will finish writing the kids book I started writing years ago. Here’s a link to the first part what I wrote many years ago. It’s changed a little since them but you get the gist.
- Although I won’t be performing I will be modelling from time to time, mainly to show off the stuff I’ve made, but you might spot me at Dr Sketchy’s here and there, if I have the time along with all of the above!
- I’ll be updating my film and TV blog www.thegirlwiththestarwarstattoo.com. I started it at the beginning of this year but it has been something I’ve not been able to keep on top of so much with performing and other things, this will be remedied in the new year. Follow me over on wordpress if you’d like to.
- I will be updating this blog in the way that I used to. Posting burlesque news from around the world (with a little bit here and there about me). I’ll be writing about the performers I have my eye on and the shows I go and see in the UK which I plan on doing a lot more of now I have the time. If any performers out there have a guestie and fancy a bit of Ivy shaped support let me know ;o)
- As a round off to a fantastic burlesque performance career next June I’ll be off to Vegas for the Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend, it’ll be rude not to right? And I can’t think of a better way of celebrating what has been a fantastic time of my life then perving on the beautiful talent that’ll be in Vegas!
- I’ll be freelance copy writing. I already do this part time (and along side the day job!), writing press releases for SEO, if you’d like me to write something for you, email me firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ve written and guest blogged for a few people, including The Burlesque Bible in the past.
So there we go, I’ll still be about, even if that’s not performing any more. You didn’t think I’d completely bow out of burlesque though right?! It’s been such a huge part of my life and has taken me on endless adventures, how could I just sweep it under the carpet or box it up and away?
I have a few shows booked in until the end of the year and you still have time to come and see me shake my stuff. Please see my website www.ivywilde.co.uk for more deets, it’d be nice to dance about for you one last time xx